Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Men's Fashion Week 2011: Milan

 ***Hump Day is for the boys!***
(Every Wednesday I will be focusing on boyfan friendly topics! So get excited!)

As many of my boyfans probably
don't know.....
It was Men's Fashion Week 2011 in Milan!!!

So.. while perusing through Style.com I was 
either really impressed and drooling,
or asking myself why these designers still have jobs.

But for the most part the menswear 2012 collections 
were inspiring and fresh.

Now boyfans, you must remember, runway is runway.
It is an exaggerated interpretation of a certain look
and feel that the designer was inspired by.
I know it is hard for you guys to understand that.

So calm down you manly men out there who
are probably going to keep saying,
"Honestly! Who the hell would wear that!"
Just take it in and look at these ensembles as an art form.

I organized the photos by pieces (jackets, pants, etc.)
So here are my fav's! 

Baller Suits 

  
Gucci

Gucci

Jackets

      
Band of Outsiders & Etro

      
Etro &  Z Zegna

  
D&G

Dsquared & Gucci

Gucci

Gucci

Shirts

D&G 

Looks I loved

Dsquared

Band of Outsiders & Etro

Z Zegna & Dsquared

Dsquared

Dsquared

Dsquared

Dsquared

Gucci

Gucci

Gucci

Why I love runway

Etro & D&G

Alexander McQueen

Source: Style.com

Overview:
My favorite, favorite, FAVORITE was Dsquared. 
The entire collection... done! 
Drool was everywhere! 
Clean up on aisle 3.
Amazing.

Etro went all Etro on us (as they should)...
and so did Dolce? That was a little strange. 

D&G's fabrics and patterns were very heavily Etro influenced.
But the light, worn-in denim tied in the classic D&G look.

And the Gucci models looked like they were coming 
down from two week cocaine binge. 
But it made the tight pants look GREAT!

Hope you boys (and girls) enjoyed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts?..... comments?...