Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Ivy League Event


The Ivy League book signing event was a great success on Thursday night!
Our little Prince Street Rugger store was packed with people.
A huge congratulations to the author Daniel Cappello!

This was my first legitimate event I have designed professionally.  
I must say I was a proud mamma! I had such a talented team helping me
and such a beautiful space to work in!  I have found that event design is definitely
something that excites and inspires me.. I haven't felt so proud of something in a 
really long time.  I am definitely a lucky girl.

The interesting/fun part of this was figuring out how to make a 
garden party both masculine and "Ivy League" appropriate.
The direction we went in was keeping our floral elements green 
and our decor rustic, clean and linear. 




Succulents are beautiful and masculine.  
They're graphic and provided texture and pattern to the environment.
The lanterns had a great balance of a modern yet vintage look.

Again, the party was absolutely wonderful.
There was so much character to be found in the details. 
Our servers wore our Yale oxfords with the new Gant Rugger aprons from our 
FW12 collection.  The music playing throughout the event were 
a capella groups from different Ivy League schools.


Cheers to a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts?..... comments?...