Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Questions and comments welcomed with OPEN ARMS!

Hey guys! First of all I just want to thank everyone who has taken even the quickest, most nonchalant look at this blog.  It really makes me so happy to see my followers and pageview numbers grow... I know that sounds so lame, but I don't care!  It makes me feel like what I'm writing about is 
somewhat relevant. 

Also, I wanted to back track a little bit.  In my "about me" I said that I hate when people ask me about fashion because they make it sound so mindless.. I actually thought about that after I read it (and a friend also brought it up to me today) and I think I need to rephrase that statement.  What I meant was: 
I strongly dislike when a person, who clearly doesn't care to know much about me, decides to, for small talk, attempt to have a conversation about "fashion".  It bothers me because the way that they bring it up makes it sound like a mindless topic, and they usually aren't genuinely interested in the answer... and most importantly they make it seem like that's all I am capable of comprehending.  I am not what I do for a living.  I am who I am and I have many different interests and hobbies.  My roommate just made another good point.. I would rather someone ask me about my personal style and why I choose to wear what I wear and how it fits my personality, rather than the flat question of what is trendy now (and then she muttered "god I'm so smart" and then flipped her hair).  "Trendy" doesn't work for everyone.  People should just concentrate on what works for them and their personality! Diversity.  It's a beautiful thing.

Ok.. I'll get off my soap box now and get to the main point of this entry..... If you have any thoughtful fashion questions about what looks are appropriate for you, please don't be afraid to ask me!  If you want  to talk about an outfit you were personally proud I would absolutely LOVE to hear about it. Love! Love! Love! Also if you guys have any comments or questions about what I blog about I would love to read them! But just remember... I'm a Cancer and I'm a sensitive bitch.


No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts?..... comments?...