Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Come sit in my tub with me!

Breakfast at Tiffany's screenshot


Cast Iron Bathtub Couch by ruffhouseart on Etsy! 

I have finally convinced my luv bug to assist me (and by assist I mean do all the dirty work while I pick fabric swatches) in making my very own Breakfast at Tiffany's Tub Couch!!.. better known as a claw-foot cast iron tub couch.  I am super excited! Now I just have to do some research.  Most used cast iron tubs run about $700-800.  Thanks to my lovely co-worker (who shall remain nameless since she acted like a poopy pants when I ever so graciously included her name in an earlier entry.. now she's totally going to kill me, mwahahaa!) I now know of a guy in Exeter who may have something for me that's more affordable! So I'm totally psyched like a huge loser to ride over to Exeter in the truck with the MD to find my future piece of furniture!... and maybe go antiquing at the same time.. and then maybe blog about the experience after... maybe. SO EXCITED! I will let you all know how it goes! I need to calm down with the exclamation points.



This is a shot of my first piece of antique furniture! When I first found the vanity it was all beat up and natural wood (it wasn't pretty.. if it was I would have kept it natural, trust me).  My big bro' painted it black for me and then I switched the knobs out with all different ones from Anthropology.  I have an obsession with their knobs. But I absolutely love my vanity.  I'll have to post a better picture of it another time, and include my lily pad that I sit on to do my makeup. 

Well now I have to go play house in The Pole. 
Ugh I'm totally getting Shepherd's Pie from Raven's Nest. Mmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts?..... comments?...